Temperature changes tend to produce different effects on cars. Steps need to be taken if cars are to remain reliable at high temperatures. Following are well-known guidelines you can pursue to prepare your vehicle for the soaring summers.
- Inspect the tires, check whether the tread wear is excessive or uneven; see if all tires, including the spare, are inflated appropriately.
- While the car is off, take a look around to check for worn-out, damaged or soft hoses. Examine the coolant level, make sure that the correct ratio of 50/50 water and coolant is present.
- It is part of the routine procedure as well. Check the engine oil level and state. In extremely hot temperatures, it is a good idea to switch to the oil of higher viscosity.
- Beat the heat with a well-serviced air conditioner. This will help keep cool in hot summers. Get the air conditioner serviced by a professional technician, use proper and approved refrigerants. R-134a for new ACs and R-12 for older ones.
- There is always a chance of having a bad day and a well-maintained vehicle may also breakdown. It is essential that you have an emergency kit available in your car. The kit should include; flashlight, jumper cables, first aid kit and a cell phone for emergency assistance.
Try to use the above-mentioned steps to keep your up and running in hot temperatures. These steps will ensure that you remain mentally at ease and trouble-free when driving your vehicle in extremely warm weathers.